Benefit from our experience & compliant solutions
Armstrong is an industry leader in seismically tested suspended ceiling systems so you can design and install with confidence. Our comprehensive solutions for Two Way & Drywall Ceiling Systems:
– Resist lateral forces and maintain structural integrity during a Seismic event
– Minimise panels & plasterboard sheets from dislodging and blocking evacuation paths
– Enhance the safety of building occupants
– Designed in accordance with current Australian and New Zealand Standards
Design Considerations Armstrong design process
Application of the Armstrong Seismic Design & Application Guide enables correct installation of various Armstrong Suspended Ceiling Grid Systems, including PeakForm (Steel), Blue Tongue (Aluminium) and U-Profile (including Axiom Pelmets). Based on specific project information, provided in the Seismic Design Form (download below), our Engineer will generate data* on the required:
• Perimeter Seismic gap
• Bracing types
• Perimeter fixing
Note: this data must be certified by an independent qualified engineer.
Leverage our Design & Application Guide
Learn more about Armstrong Seismic solutions and testing processes via our Seismic Design & Installation Guide.
The purpose of this guide is to provide preliminary information to support the application of Armstrong suspended grid and panel ceiling systems as per the requirements of NZS 1170.5 and AS 1170.4 – Structural Design Actions – Earthquake actions.
The design of Armstrong suspended ceiling grid systems, bracing and fixing types shown in the Seismic Design Guide are developed in accordance with the following standards:
• AS/NZS 2785:2020 Suspended Ceiling – Design & Installation
• AS1170.4 Earthquake Loads Australia
• AS1170.5 Earthquake Loads New Zealand
• NZS 4219: 2009 Seismic Performance of Engineering Systems In Buildings
Have any questions? Please contact us with any of your interior supply enquiries.